DRIVING WITH CARE ™
Driving With Care™ is an effective evidence-based DWI/DUI Education Program that meets the Cognitive Skills Education Requirements and Recidivism requirements ordered by judges, corrections officers, and evaluators.
I am a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor and a Certified ASUDS-R Evaluator and Instructor in Driving With Care™ Education Groups.
LEVELS OF DRIVING WITH CARE™ EDUCATION:
LEVEL 1 EDUCATION – 12 hour total, 6 lesson sessions for those convicted of DWI/DUI – FEE $250
LEVEL 2 EDUCATION – 24 Hour total, 12 lesson sessions for those convicted of DWI/DUI – FEE $450
SKILL DEVELOPMENT AND EDUCATION GOALS:
- Prevent recidivism or re-offense of DUI/DWI
- Prevent return to a harmful pattern of substance use
- Develop socially responsible living and promote positive change
- Understand Minnesota DWI/DUI laws and consequences
- Maintain a lifetime commitment to society and self to never drink and drive
DRIVING WITH CARE™ EDUCATION IS DESIGNED FOR:
DRIVING WITH CARE™ FEES INCLUDE INDIVIDUAL CLIENT WORKBOOK AND ALL SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS, INCLUDING FAXED COMPLETION CERTIFICATE.
- Individuals concerned with drinking or drug use and driving, and do not currently face legal involvement.
- Individuals charged or convicted of a DWI/DUI who do not meet Substance Abuse or Substance Dependency Criteria.
- Individuals charged or convicted of Underage Consumption who do not meet Substance Abuse or Substance Dependency Criteria.
- Individuals court ordered by judge, probation, or evaluator to attend DUI/DWI Education classes.
- Individuals whose legal team anticipates needing this service for court.
Driving With Care™ is developed by Kenneth W. Wanberg, Harvey Milkman, and David S. Timken
DRIVING WITH CARE™ CLASSES ARE OFFERED IN OPEN-ENDED GROUPS CONSISTING OF 4 TO 12 PARTICIPANTS. AN INDIVIDUAL CAN JOIN DRIVING WITH CARE™ EDUCATION AT ANY TIME.
PLEASE CALL FOR SPECIFIC CLASS TIMES – ALL CLASSES ARE LOCATED IN THE LAKEVILLE, MN AND BURNSVILLE, MN SOUTHERN METROPOLITAN AREAS.
We conveniently serve clients from Dakota County, Hennepin County, Ramsey County, Scott County, Carver County, Washington County, Rice County, and Goodhue County.
Cities served include Apple Valley, Burnsville, Castle Rock Township, Coates, Douglas Township, Eagan, Empire Township, Eureka Township, Farmington, Greenvale Township, Hampton, Hampton Township, Hastings, Inver Grove Heights, Lakeville, Lilydale, Marshan Township, Mendota, Mendota Heights, Miesville, New Trier, Nininger Township, Northfield, Randolph, Randolph Township, Ravenna Township, Rosemount, Sciota Township, South Saint Paul, Sunfish Lake, Vermillion, Vermillion Township, Waterford Township, West Saint Paul, Barden, Belle Plaine, Elko, Elko New Market, Jordan, New Market, Port Cargill, Prior Lake, Savage, Shakopee, Chaska, Dundas, Fairbault, Northfield, Lonsdale, Morristown, Nerstrand, Warsaw.
We are also available to serve clients staying in the South Metro area from other referring counties and states and are exploring options to offer Computer-Assisted Cognitive Rehabilitation Services ( CACR) and Telemedicine-Based Alcohol Services for Rural Offenders.